What causes you to Procrastinate
Being in the fitness industry we are all to familiar with people procrastinating. We have a hard time understanding why our clients just don’t do what we say and get moving. Well, what is causing you to procrastinate when it comes to reaching our business goals? For me I realized that mentally I was not disciplined and I was always waiting for the perfect time to act. I can honestly say that I have always had dreams of starting my own business but kept saying, “Oh it just isn’t the perfect time.” I guess this will be a true test since I launched this business during what some economists are saying is the worst economic times since the great depression. Okay, now let’s get back to the question at hand, “what causes you to procrastinate?”
As I mentioned yesterday I am reading a book by John Maxwell, “Talent is Never Enough” and at the end of each chapter he has some application exercises. One of the application questions asks the following and I want you to ask yourself this.
What causes you to procrastinate?
- Are you in denial about the consequences of not taking initiative and responsibility for yourself?
- Are you waiting for others to motivate you instead of working to motivate yourself?
- Are you waiting for everything to be perfect before you act?
- Are you fantasizing about tomorrow instead of focusing on what you can do today?
- ARE YOU TRYING TO DO IT ALONE?